Friday, May 15, 2009

It's Friday!

Hi everyone,



I hope you all have had a great week. I know I am so glad it is Friday and for once we don't have a busy weekend away from home! I am excited about(yes I know I am strange) doing some yard work!


I have been busy working on wedding invatations. As soon as the bride chooses the one she wants I will post it. But right now they are a work in progress.


I have also been working on some "Thank You Cards" as well.
This card was fun to do. I absolutely love the "Sweet Slumber" DSP.


Here is how I made this card:

1. The base of the card is a single piece of card stock cut at 51/2" x 41/4"


2. Cut a piece of DSP 2" x 51/2", A piece of matching card stock at 11/2" x 51/2" and scallop the edge, cut a piece of coordinating ribbon about 61/4".

Put those pieces together and tape the piece of DSP around the edges with the red sticky tape. Adhere to the 51/2" x 41/4" piece at the bottom, making sure to leave top open to form a pocket.



3. Cut a coordinating piece of card stock to fit the top note die with the Big Shot. Cut it in half. Then cut another coordinating piece of cardstock at 31/4" x 4". Decorate as you please. ( I used Whisper White craft ink, and the dots are from a retired stamp set "Three for You")

On the Top Note I stamped the saying with the "Define Your Life" (gratitude) stamp. Adhere those together to make a card to slide in the pocket.


4. I used the "Petal Pizazz" set for the flowers. I used a circle fire brad as the center. I used a "Stampin' Dimensional" under it.


The ink colors I used were: Baja Blue, So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, and (Whisper White craft ink) and Black

Cardstock colors: Riding Hood Red, Baja Blue, So Saffron

DSP: Sweet Slumber.

Ribbon: Baja Breeze, stripped grosgrain ribbon

Accessories: Circle Fire Brads, and Clip Assortment, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Spiral Punch, Stampin' Dimensional, Red Sticky Tape




1 comment:

  1. This is so fun!! Thought the Gratitude was a small note book at first. Very cute

    ReplyDelete